Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another day of Spring Break fun

When we woke up this morning (much later than the past few days, thank goodness), Jonah was quick to go find the envelope Daddy left us for the day because I told him yesterday that it was just for the boys. So, he tore into it and we read the note. It said that Mommy probably needs some help around the house with some chores. So, after they completed a list Mommy would make, they could have the cards that were in the envelope--a gift card to Walmart for each of them! They were so excited, I've never seen so much work get done in such a short amount of time. All the laundry was put away, garbages emptied, bathrooms scrubbed, and carpets vacuumed! I was truly impressed. I had a little meeting I had to go to for an hour, so my mom came and played more Mario Kart with the kids while I was gone. It was torture for them to wait, but when I got back, we went to Walmart, and they procured their treasures.

Jonah changing the sheets

Noah vacuuming

Jacob scrubbing the bathroom floor

Noah loves the big balls they have at Walmart. He asks for one every time we see them there or at Target. It was perfect for him to choose. Unfortunately, his ended up with a hole in it today, so we're back to Walmart tomorrow to get another.

Decisions, decisions...

Ah, yes...Muhawhawhawhaw

Jacob demonstrating

Noah demonstrating



Posing with aforementioned treasures

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great idea! I should use that on my kids! We are cleaning today actually!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I am so glad you did all your chores and helped mom out. Looks like you had a lot of fun spending your gift cards. I miss all of you and it is great to see pictures. I miss all my boys and my Reba. Talk to you soon. Love and miss you.
Dad

Stacy said...

Robb I would still love it if you would adopt me into the family! I think hands down that your family has more fun than any other family. How did you become so creative. I am going to make David read your blog everyday to learn from you.