Friday, April 03, 2009

Sunny today! Fun time with family

Today we went to Bainbridge Island to see Robb's family for awhile. His brother, Michael and his family are visiting for a few Spring Break days. The girls--my sisters in law, Andrea and Stacy, and I got to have a lunch with just the 3 of us in Winslow, which was some nice girl time. Then, we took the kids to see Monsters Vs Aliens, which was just long enough for me to get a little nap in. Afterwards, we let the kids play for a bit in the park across from G'ma and G'pas. Then, we headed home for a good night's sleep.
Noah running his heart out. His fever is all gone today, thank goodness. Gone just as fast as it came. I think he must have just gotten a little run-down.

Up to no good, for sure. Jonah with cousins Isabelle, and Hannah.

Ants on a sugar cube. Nolan and Noah at it again.

Just for Uncle Robb. Sophia's 3rd birthday is tomorrow!

Jacob gives lessons for a small fee (Isabelle paid in admiration).

Jacob wanted me to take a picture of him with his double lightsaber, so he started to pose. Then, he said, "Take a lot!"

I love this one. He's so in his element.



Noah gets to have a sleepover at my parents' tonight. Jacob and Jonah each had a turn this week, too. So, they devised a plan for their own sleepover. Jacob is sleeping in Noah's bed. I had to get a picture. It was very cute that they were excited to do that.
So, we're down to one night left before Robb comes home. The kids are really ready to see him.
Everything has been kind of upside down this week, completely out of routine. So, considering that, I think the kids have done an amazing job holding it together. Tonight, Jonah wanted to do some of the subtraction fact cards Robb gave to him. Then, when we were done, he said that doing things Dad left for him makes him kind of sad. We talked about how to think of it as a happy thing, too. And, that Dad's coming home soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see more pictures of how much fun the boys had with their cousins. I am so glad to hear that you had some girl time at lunch and a nap in the movie. Take it when you can get it honey. I miss all of you when I see all the little kids running around. See you in one day. Robb