Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Family Picnic in October? Oh no, it's August 19th!!!

I think most of us who live in the northwest have been very, very, patient with the weather up to this point. But this is getting a little old. August and it is cloudy, raining, and a high of 65 degrees. I know that we all keep hoping for an Indian summer where September is 80 degrees with a nice breeze. I don't really want to think what kind of revolt may happen if the fall really turns to fall the day after Labor Day. Even though this weather sucks the energy from our souls each day, we still decided to try to have a get together with my side of the family on Sunday. My cousin Brent and his wife, Jill, and their child Brynn were up from Denver. My other cousin Mindy was up from San Diego, so we all gathered with Marcy, Mark, Deanna, Ken, and my immediate family. We got together at a park and let the kids run while the adults held up the food table with our knees. No, of course some of the adults were caught on film playing baseball and running after the stray kid making a break for the water. We had a great time together even if the weather wasn't really cooperating. We still need to treat this time of year like summer, even if it doesn't look or feel like it. Kids go back to school in two weeks or so. We need to make the best of what we have left. Enjoy the end of the year.



Jacob and Grandpa coming back from fishing with a stick--Didn't catch anything today!




Uncle Tom playing tackle the child. It's too bad none of the kids liked playing with him.






Noah and Nolan--these two are stealth, so you really have to watch them closely. They are such nice boys, but they use their good looks and charm to get by.




2 comments:

Amanda said...

my goodness that last picture of nolan and noah is SO CUTE

Amanda said...

By the way, Amanda's blog begins tonight. Now you can keep up with me and my oh-so-interesting life