Friday, May 21, 2010

10 Things you should never have to say outloud

Since I have been a parent for 10 years now, I've figured out that there are so many things that I can't believe come out of my mouth. The boys and I are in Lake Chelan this weekend with my parents while Rebecca has to work. We have had a full day of events that seem to never stop. In the midst of all the "fun", there are so many things that we just shouldn't have to say out loud.

1. Everyone must wear underwear at all times during the day, no exceptions.

2. Everyone must flush the toilet and wash their hands at all times, and I mean everyone!

3. We don't hit each other in the penis, ever, is that understood?

4. The shower curtain always goes on the inside of the bathtub, never on the outside. (That was a messy one to clean up.)

5. No, you can't hit your brother with the bat, even if you are mad. (I am so glad he asked first, but still, did I really have to answer that question?)

6. You don't run out to the car naked to get a toy, even though you felt like you couldn't wait to get your hands on those lego's.

7. Everyone must use toilet paper after pooping even though you think you may not need to. (It is wrong in so many ways, I can't even understand.)

8. That fish isn't that big at all guys, just jump in. (Once I looked, it was about a foot and a half long--ooops!)

9. Make sure to turn off the water when you get out of the shower each and every time.

10. Noah, stop grabbing yourself in front of the other kids on the playground!

And there you have it. These are all just from today. It is amazing that we have to say these things as parents, but we do. Have had a great day, but I feel like a burnt out cruise director who doesn't want to re-up my contract for the next year. Bedtime is soon. Have a great Friday night.

No comments: