Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally, some pictures to show

I was finally able to download some pictures today. What a jammed packed couple days here. We have had a great time with the boat and the jet skis. All of the kids have become very comfortable around the boat. They are excited each year when we come because they remember so much more each time.








We all got in on the action yesterday while using the inter tube. It was rough waters at times, but it sure was fun. Some would say it was more like a leisure cruise while the kids thought they were going so fast. I always call Rebecca's glasses the "Jackie O " look because she always looks so graceful, even being pulled by a boat.







On the other hand, I usually lose my sun glasses on the car ride over and consequently end up squinting the entire week or borrowing from everyone else. Noah is a little dare devil who always give the thumbs up sign wanting to go faster while Jonah gives the thumbs down. We always have a great time out on the water. Between the sun and the wind, we are pretty exhausted by the end of the day.





Against our better judgement, we let Hannah drive the boat yesterday. You can tell by the look on her face, we were right to be concerned. Some people don't know how to harness the speed of the boat. She had a great time driving. For those of you asking, we did make it back to the dock without incidence. It was close a couple of times but we told the kids to hold on and stay low in the boat.






Josh received a wake board for father's day and so he was finally able to test it out. I have to say for the record that he did get up the first time without a problem. More importantly though, he got up each time after that. We both agreed that anyone can get up once, but can they keep doing it, even when your arms feel like falling off.







I know that Marna would love that I took this picture, but really, you have to get a shot when your mother-in-law hops on the jet ski and takes off. She is a force to be reckoned with on the water. Mark and her went out on a morning run and Mark ended up falling off his jet ski as he was taken aback by the pure beauty of his wife tearing off into the distance. He climbed back on and was on his way in no time, with Sue having no idea he had fallen in the drink. It's all about style, and Mark has it.



As we all know, Rebecca can do everything, now including jet skiing. She had a great time out on the water. She followed us around in the boat while we towed the kids. She looked like she was on patrol with her side-kick, Jacob. We both took them out later that day and it is fun to race your wife. I won't tell you who won, but just know that I am still the man of the house.






We try to take walks at the beginning or end of the day to give the kids time to throw rocks in the water and goof around. This was Jonah's attempt at taking a picture with our camera. He is a little shutterbug.







My little Noah brings me a lot of joy each day. He is very sweet and giggles all the time. We have a fun time together. Vacations are the best because we all have a lot more time to fool around. This picture shows Noah is the middle of a full on giggle.








Beware to all who approach as I was giving lessons on how to skip a rock. I did take a picture of Rebecca attempting to do this, but I know she wouldn't have appreciated this--for those of you who would like to see it, I will email it to you. Rocks were flying everywhere. I am surprised that we didn't have an ER visit.







The kids wait in the boat every morning as I get things ready for the day. They love jumping around and constantly ask me when I will be ready. I rememer being so impatient when waiting for something so fun. There is no end of fun here. We have a couple more days and we are going to try and squeeze as much out of this time as we can. Happy summer










No comments: