Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the beauty

This is the view that we woke up to each morning looking out from our condo. This is what makes Priest lake for me every year. Sitting out on the deck with a cup of coffee and looking out at the water. Behind the scenes, the kids are jumping up and down inside asking to please come out as i request 5 more minutes. When I look at this picture I see a couple things; nature, running the jet ski across the smooth water, and a great morning for water skiing.





One night, Sarah, Josh, Hannah, Rebecca, and I took the boat over to a place called Hills Resort and had dinner while Rebecca's parents took care of the kids that night. We had a great time that night having drinks and great food. It was about a 15 minute boat ride and the weather was great that night. This was a picture of Rebecca and her sisters at Hills.






Here is a picture of all 5 of us before we left our condo to have dinner at Hills Resort.












One of the diversionary tactics we used one day was to make bubbles and let the kids go to down. The winds were blowing pretty hard that day so the bubbles were flying everywhere. We had a great time especially since i made the bubbles way to soapy. I had no idea what I was doing, but sometimes that produces the best results.








We would go on a little hike near where we stayed some mornings. This is a picture back from the trail towards Grandview Resort. It kind of gives you an idea of how remote this place is, but we love it. We always have fun hiking with the kids.









Here is Rebecca and Noah bringing up the rear, while I led the pack in case we encountered any snakes, says Jacob. Thankfully, we never saw any. Jacob was on the lookout though.















We came to a spot where the kids could climb some rocks. This is where having kids is great. They can climb for hours if we let them. Each time, they would go up a little bit higher. You would have thought they climbed Mount Everest.










We tried to set the camera up and get one picture of the family.













A great picture of Rebecca's parents on the Jet skis. We all had so much fun on these, but I think Mark and Sue enjoyed them even more. The need for speed.











This was one of the spots we stopped on the hike while we watched Mark and Sue go by on their jet skis. It was a great day of hiking, swimming, and water skiing. Hard to let each day go by and know that it is one step closer to leaving. I think two weeks may be better next year.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LeRoys have to be one of my favorite families!! I really wish you would adopt me and take me on vacation with you.

I am excited to see you at convention!

P.S. I want to see a picture of the hives!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Catching up on all your news and looking for pictures of Sarah since she's a lousy blogger...!

Looks like y'all had great fun; makes me look forward to our week at the lake with my parents in August.

Much love,

Joanne

P.S. Stay strong on no rashy picture, Reba. I got sunburned/sunscreen rashed on July 4 and blistered. Yuck. But I only had a little patch of it. You poor thing!