Thursday, January 11, 2007

Always use your E break!!

We all get used to coming home from the grocery store, grabbing the groceries, locking the car, and heading inside to get settled. Don't deceive yourself. I ran through these same steps tonight, trying to get the groceries home for dinner. The only difference tonight, compared to other nights, is that there is snow and ice in the driveway. During dinner, the dog was barking more than normal when he was supposed to be eating dinner. Frustrated and exhausted, I put my coat on and went out to check on the dog. He was barking at the street and I walked up and said, "What Lego?" I looked up and noticed that the car was in the street. After a couple seconds of processing, I realized that the car should have been in the driveway. After calmly staring at it for a couple seconds and patting the dog on the head, I walked back into the house, past the loud conversation going on at the dinner table, and picked up the keys to the car. I sighed, and said, "I am going to go and move the car from the middle of the street." Reba said, "O.K.......wait a minute, the street?" She was as shocked as I was. So our dinner quickly turned into the whole family watching me stare at the car from the comfort of the garage.

Once the crowd dispersed, I used many techniques to try and dislodge the large rock from our rock wall from underneath the middle of the car. Yes, the car slid down the hill, and over the corner of the rock wall. The car sat there teetering, if you will. I had old ramps to change the oil with and I put them behind the rear tires. I put boxes under the from tires for traction and let her rip. The boxes went under the tires and flew out the front, hitting the garbage cans and flying into the neighbors yard. That didn't work. I then got some sand from the kids sand box and put that under the front tires for traction. I slowly pushed on the gas and the back of the car lifted up. I got out of the car and pulled the large rock from underneath the car. It was free. All in a days work. Moral of the story is....I am not sure, but be sure to put a log under the tire of your car if it has snowed and is icy, and the date is January 11th, and the time is 5:35 p.m. That is all for today. Be safe in the snow.

Robb

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! thank goodness your all ok!!!!!!!!

Kendra Field said...

Only you, Robb...only you! :)

It's fun to read about your family and adventures as I feel we are in a very similar situation and can totally imagine the reality of it.