Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin carving and re-painting a dresser

We went out and gathered pumpkins today in between picking up a dresser for $10, having lunch, and taking Jacob's friend home from spending the night. I have to admit that I did get to sleep in until 9:20 this morning, which I was forever grateful. I felt normal again today.









There was an extra pumpkin, so I got very creative and carved out our last name in the pumpkin. I never said I was very creative. Rebecca knows this. She would have done a better job, but while we were doing the pumpkins, she was over in the driveway painting her $10 find, a dresser. She always knows how to find the great deals and can see a diamond in the ruff.












I did the cutting, while Noah told me exactly what to do. He was quite pleased with the final outcome.











So this is the dresser before it was touched by spray paint. It looked very 70's to me and I couldn't see how it could possibly work, but she did a great job.







































The kids did end up having a pumpkin seed fight on the front lawn when I went in to wash my hands. It only takes a second and the kids will take advantage of the absent adult.

















We did get to roast a lot of the pumpkin seeds which is the best part, I think. They smelled pretty awesome in the house.
















While we carved away and picked up pumpkin seeds off the lawn, Rebecca was over trying to get things painted before it possibly rained. She always loves these pictures when I sneak up and take them from around the corner.











Striking similarities!












The finished product.















After some time of breathing in the fumes from the spray paint, I found Rebecca wandering aimlessly around the neighbors yard. We led her back to our house like a lost elderly person and she was able to finish the task at hand.








So here is the finished product. From noon when we picked it up to 7:30, when we both lugged the thing in the house. Another great find honey. She still seems to be a little dingy from spray painting, but I'm sure that will clear with time. If you see her wandering along the road, stop and bring her home for us. Happy Saturday.











1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am so inspired to paint more furniture now!!! I love it!! I would have never paid $10 for that thing, but after it is finished it is beautiful!!! Great job Reba!!