Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How old am I this Year?

Anytime I used to have a birthday, I seemed to always forget how old I was. I'm not kidding. Haven't any of you ever had a moment where you really can't remember how old you are? This seemed to happen to me often during the late twenties and early thirties. It seems like this has all changed now. Now that I have turned 36, yes, I said 36, I never forget my age anymore. I am sure there will come a time again where I forget those things, but for now, I can remember. I never understood why I couldn't keep track until I realized that I am now on the countdown to 40. Now I still feel good about this because there are a lot of people I know who are going to turn 40 before me. My brother is going to be 40 this year, which is odd in and of itself, but that gives me some extra padding and time to deal with it.

I had a great birthday week. My brother came in from Charleston with his son Eli, and so we were able to celebrate together. On Saturday, my brother-in-law, Tom, and sister had us all over and made us a great dinner. It was great food, and good company. On the day of my birthday, I worked like millions of other Americans do on their birthdays, and then we celebrated with the kids at the end of the day. The birthday continues to extend itself as we are going out to dinner in Seattle on Friday with Rebecca's side of the family to celebrate both my birthday and my father-in-laws birthday also. So, I have had a lot of great things to look forward to this week.

One thing Rebecca always says is that I never put up bad pictures of myself on the blog and I beg to differ. So in the interest of being a good sport, here are two of them. Now I could tell you that in the first one, I had recently been sticking out my tongue and in the second one, my ears look as if they are going to start waving to the camera. So there you go. Happy birthday to all of those thirty somethings who can't really remember how old they are.

Robb




1 comment:

Angela said...

I LOVE the pictures of Robb! Way to go! By the way...I always think Reba looks great on the blog! :)