Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Fun, and the Beginning of Christmas Celebrations!

Here's the boys on Thursday when we finally got the snow the weather channel had been predicting. Though the boys missed all of the end of school celebrations (not to mention didn't get to give all the peanut brittle we had made for their teachers), they gladly traded it for all the snow fun they've had!

School was cancelled on Thursday and Friday--we got about 4 inches of snow Thursday, and with our hills and lack of resources in the county to deal with all of it, school was cancelled again on Friday.

Jonah and Noah got to do some sledding on the hill at the top of our street. It was such a fun community time. There were kids of all ages, including several adults gathered at the top of the hill. They all shared sleds with each other and took turns going down the hill. There was even a system established for the down side and the walking up side. One of the guys rigged up a jump on one side, and the kids caught some serious air.





We turned Jacob's room into the movie room when all the cousins were over and they loved it. Even though Jacob would like to keep the television in his room, it's not going to happen.




This is Rebecca's attempt at taking a picture of us at arms length.The first one was an upshot and showed our double chins, so we had to re-take it.





Santa did come by and even Rebecca was able to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. Santa said that he is still watching to see if she has been naughty or nice.






The kids were the most quiet all night when Santa arrived. Prior to that, it was like a frat party around here with all the noise. Santa walks in and they all sat down and didn't say a word.







Even Rebecca's mom was able to catch a picture with Santa before he flew away in his sleigh.








This year we had the true kids table for dinner and decorating cookies.









We were looking all over the place for these two and it took me a long time to find them. Like I have said, you always have to watch them closely.









Rebecca said I am never in the pictures because I am always taking them. So, here is my sister and I.









My cousin Marcy and I at the end of the night. We had a great time and it was fun to have people over. We did do the white elephant gift exchange and it was fun. We read the Night Before Christmas and every time the word "the" was stated, we had to pass the gift. My dad ended up with a large fork for a wall hanging. You remember, the kind that was popular in the 70's. My Mom got the cross with a silhouette of a cowboy on it. My dad was so excited.










1 comment:

annie valentine said...

I love love love the photos! You look adorable, and why wasn't there ever snow when I was growing up? I take it back, there was that one winter when I was about seven...