Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's amazing what a cup of hot chocolate will do

LeRoy Work Camp for Youth, 2009


Every time I drive in the driveway from work, I all the leaves that are now, all over the ground. I always wonder when I am going to get time to rake them all up and put them in the mulch pile. I sat at the table with the boys after lunch and thought, why am I still trying to do all of this work. I have three boys who have enough energy put together to fuel a small city. So, I said, If you raked all the leaves into piles, you can have some hot chocolate." Before I was finished, the chairs were spinning and they were running about getting coats, gloves, and rakes. I didn't know it would be so easy.

They were all trying to rake in one small area, but on the other hand, that small area didn't know what hit them. The area under the tree, is officially raked. Jonah came running in after 10 minutes and said that they could all go around the neighborhood and charge people for them to rake leaves. I cautiously agreed to the great brain storming that was going on while they were working but said we should still wait and see how this all turns out before we start talking franchise. Jonah agreed even though he had no idea what that meant. Oh, thank heaven for hot chocolate.

Rebecca and I will hire them out to you for any Saturday leading up until Christmas!! Sounds like a win/win for us.


No comments: